My approach to tutoring is "Success through Simplifying Science". I believe passionately in explaining things in a clear no-nonsense way, demystifying the subject being taught and giving clarity to what are often seen as difficult topics.
This straight forward approach empowers students by building their confidence and self belief, enabling them to grasp key concepts and fully understand the course material.
With a sound knowledge base, students can then refine their problem solving skills and develop effective revision and exam strategies to fully realise their potential.
I'm pleased to announce that my students achieve consistently great results in their exams and most will go on to gain successful work or their desired college and university placements. To find out more, please view my testimonials page.
• Proven track record of success with 10 years of tutoring experience.
• Has designed and delivered science initiatives to local schools as part of the Royal Society of Chemistry's "Science, the Next Generation" initiative.
• Former Head of Chemistry for a Pesticide and Residue Analysis Laboratory located on the Reading University campus.
• Over 30 years of experience as a professional Chemist & Scientist specialising in laboratory based Analytical Chemistry.
• A Chartered Chemist and Chartered Scientist and a Member of The Royal Society of Chemistry.
• 1st Class Honours Degree in Chemistry with Biology from the Open University.
• Uniquely placed to understand and deliver the "How Science Works" component of the National Curriculum.
Hope you are well and enjoying the summer. I achieved a grade A in my A level Chemistry and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the help and support throughout my two years of study. Kind Regards"
"Graeme, I wanted to drop you a quick note to say thank you for helping Sophie with her Chemistry A level. She got an A grade (with particularly good marks in her written papers) and so is off in a couple of weeks time to Kings College as she had hoped to do."